Canine Fitness App
What is the canine fitness app?
Very simply put, this is an app to help people condition their dogs! This goes for pet dogs, sports dogs, working dogs. All dogs are included and encouraged to take part in conditioning. The fitness plans can be tailored to each dogs individual needs, whether all they do is play a bit of fetch at the local field, or for high performance sports and working dogs. The app offers multiple courses people can complete with their dog. All our courses have an element of theory and learning, before moving on to showing you the exercises to complete. Some of our courses just offer individual exercises to learn as skills, whereas others will have full workout routines included.
What was the inspiration for the app?
We decided to create the app as so many of our clients were struggling to get on our courses due to time limitations. We knew we wanted all our courses to be much more readily available for our clients. And for those that wanted the extra support that you would get on a Zoom class, we wanted to create a community. We have a community created on our app, but we wanted something more, so we have chosen to create a Facebook group to be used alongside the app. Anyone who subscribes monthly to our app will be given access to our Facebook group, where you can post photos and videos of your dog performing the exercises and you will be given Feedback from our experts. You will also get moral support from those in the group, and have a space to ask any questions you may have. If the post requires an answer to a question that is fitness related you will always receive a response from one of the group experts – myself or Charlotte. We will strive to do this as I well know many groups I have been in the past will often just get comments on posts from lots of people who have no qualifications whatsoever.
What qualifications do you have?
- Founder and CEO of Woozelbears Hydrotherapy & Grooming
- Qualified Small Animal Hydrotherapist
- Veterinary Physiotherapist – specialising in canine
- Leading specialist in conditioning the canine athlete
- Author of the new L3, L4, L5 and L6 Diploma qualifications in Hydrotherapy
- Lead trainer and assessor
- Studied Veterinary Health Studies at the University of the West of England, Bristol
- Previously worked in veterinary nursing
- Certified K-Laser Specialist
- Individual member of the CHA (Canine Hydrotherapy Association), IRVAP (The Institute of Registered Veterinary & Animal Physiotherapists) and ICH (Institute of Canine Hydrotherapists)
- Canicross Instructor
- Certified Trick Dog Instructor
- Level 3 BTEC in Animal Management.
- Began working with Woozelbears in 2012 as their first ever apprentice
- Qualified Small Animal Hydrotherapist, including advanced courses
- Hundreds of hours of CPD, including seminars and individual research
- Senior Hydrotherapist & centre manager at Woozelbears for 2 years
- Fully trained in the use off FitFurLife Gait Analysis Treadmill
- Canine Fitness Conditioning Coach
- Studying to become a Pro Dog Trainer to be able to further support customers through teaching their dogs the skills needed for fitness
- Train and starting to compete in agility with her own dogs
What courses do you offer?
Currently we offer the groundwork course, and the targeting course. This will easily give 9 weeks worth of fitness content because you can progress all these exercises in many ways too. We are also in the process of creating the Fitbone course. We always want our fitness fanatics to start with our groundwork course, as this is a step that is often missed out by many people. We have to make sure dogs are able to perform the exercises with good form on the ground before moving onto balance equipment. We find at least 3 weeks is needed on groundwork before moving onto any fitness equipment. We also have plans for many other courses going forwards, such as more equipment specific courses, sport & work specific courses. We even want to include hiking as it’s own area as we know so many people enjoy hiking with their dogs, but just as with other sports and activities, lots of injuries occur.
Want to check out the app?
We also offer 1-2-1 fitness sessions, and full course coaching too! For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Tobi had torn a muscle in his back leg and ruptured a tendon in his front leg which he had to have surgery on. We had unsuccessfully tried hydrotherapy elsewhere, then Sue was recommended to us and so glad she was! Totally different experience. Sue is so calm and kind with him, and highly professional. She checked him thoroughly at our first visit and has kept detailed notes so she knows exactly how he is progressing. He is so much happier now, he is now playing and running around freely and happily, which he hasn’t done for a while. We have even been able to return to flyball which we havent done for over a year. I feel like I’ve got my dog back, I am so pleased we went to see Sue and would have no hesitation in recommending her.”