Working Dog Programme
Sports Conditioning the Canine athlete
Our strength and conditioning programmes are tailored for the needs of three categories of canine sports:
- Sprint based sports such as Agility, Flyball and Hoopers.
- EnduranceactivitiessuchasCanicross,Sleddog racing, Bikejor and Hiking.
- Controlled sports such as Heelwork, Obedience and Rally
Each sport has specific conditioning needs that can include:
- Balance,proprioception and body awareness
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Increased recruitment of either fast or slow twitch muscle fibers.
- Strength and power in targeted muscle groups in relation to performance needs
- Increase in muscle energy efficiency
- Mental and physica lstamina
Our team can provide you with a bespoke programme for your individual dog’s needs.
This will include land-based activities using ground exercises and our indoor training equipment. We can also offer specific aquatic conditioning in our hydrotherapy pool and treadmill.